Manual Handling Training
Manual handling applies to almost every job. Are you or your staff adequately trained?
Designed to assess the way you lift and handle items at work. Identifying safer lifting techniques including lifting aids. Our course will enable delegates to understand the importance of planning manual handling activities, how to carry out such tasks and includes practical kinetic handling techniques in the work place.
Who should attend:
All personnel involved in manual handling and lifting at work; office staff who spend long durations at their desk; any employees who handle materials, boxes, mail, packages including both industrial and office workers
• Current legislation on manual handling operations
• Duties of employers and employees
• Anatomy and effects of correct and incorrect lifting techniques
• Anatomy awareness
• Manual handling injuries, statistics and causes
• Correct manual lifting and handling techniques
• Understanding lifting and handling tasks
• How to assess manual handling tasks and the risks
• Different kinds of manual handling
• Manual handling lifting aids
• Correct lifting and handling techniques
• Practical exercise in lifting and handling
Course Duration: 2-3 hours. Certification Provided.