Noise Assessment and Monitoring
Are You Doing Enough to Protect Your Workforce?
Excessive, prolonged noise can cause hearing damage and lead to deafness. Every employer has a duty under the Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005 to reduce the risk of hearing damage to their employees. To enable employers to do this you need to know who is at risk, what is causing the noise (processes, plant, equipment etc.), what the level of the noise is and how to control it.
We can provide professional noise assessments that comply with health and safety law. We provide a detailed report listing the noise measurements, noise action plan, identifying risk areas and control measures to be put in place, eliminating at source or where not reasonably practicable reducing to as low as is reasonably practicable, identifying those at risk and where ear protection zones should be allocated as well as recommended hearing protection. This includes:
– Noise survey mapping of sound pressure levels, peak noise and octave band
– Personal noise dosimetry
– Calculated noise dose by fractional exposure calculations
– Calculation of hearing protection suitability
– Advice on engineering control options
– Surveys conducted to various standards including BS 4142 & SEPA Reference H3
Using the latest equipment, we can undertake a noise survey for you, providing valuable data on the noise levels present and help you comply with the regulations. http://www.hscsscotland.co.uk/services/noise-assessment/