Asbestos Awareness Category A Refresher
Have You Had Asbestos Awareness Training Previously and Simply Need a Refresher Course?
All employers must ensure that anyone who is liable to disturb asbestos during their normal work, and their supervisors, gets the correct level of information, instruction and training so that they can work safely and competently without risk to themselves or others. This course will enable and remind delegates on how to identify areas where asbestos is likely to be found, understand the health effects of disturbing asbestos and implement the necessary control measures to ensure they and others are not exposed to the fatal fibre.
Who should attend:
All personnel involved in refurbishment or demolition works including general maintenance workers, electricians, plumbers, joiners, painters and decorators, plasterers, construction workers, roofers, shop fitters, gas fitters, heating and ventilation engineers, demolition workers, telecommunication engineers, fire/burglar alarm installers, computer and data installers, architects, building surveyors who have all previously had asbestos awareness training.
- Brief history of Asbestos
- Asbestos types
- Summary of asbestos asbestos
- Why and where asbestos was used
- Places it can be found
- Materials and equipment containing asbestos
- Health effects
- Emergency procedures
- How to deal with an uncontrolled release of asbestos dust into the workplace
- How to avoid the risk of exposure to asbestos
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Respiratory Protective Equipment (RPE)
- Asbestos Surveys and registers
No qualifications required.