Do Your Staff Use Cutting Tools, Grinders, Sanders Etc. If So They Need Abrasive Wheel Training
To provide training in the safe selection and use, storage and mounting of abrasive wheels and discs on portable equipment i.e. stihl (cut off saws), grinders etc. and bench mounted machines. This course will enable delegates to understand the safety aspects of using abrasive wheels, how to select the correct wheel, how to inspect it prior to use, how to mount an abrasive wheel, and the legislation applicable.
Who should attend:
All personnel involved in the use or mounting of abrasive wheels including cut off saws, grinders and bench mounted equipment. Anyone who uses abrasive wheels, or employs people who use abrasive wheels.
- Definition of abrasive wheels
- Health and safety Legislation and regulations applicable to abrasive wheels
- Hazards and common causes
- Accidents involving abrasive wheels
- Abrasive wheel markings and what they mean
- Types of abrasive wheels and characteristics
- Storage of abrasive wheels
- Safe working techniques
- Safe operating speeds
- Correct use of abrasive wheels and equipment
- Handling and transporting abrasive wheels
- Inspecting abrasive wheels
- Machinery and equipment checks
- Minimising dust
- Reducing noise
- Reducing vibration effects
- Mounting an abrasive wheel
- Dressing an abrasive wheel
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
No qualifications required.