NVQ Unit – Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace
Our course can be used as part of the Level 2 NVQ Mandatory Unit Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace. It provides the knowledge components of this unit and the final
module will allow you to type in your answers which, once marked as completed by your assessor can then be downloaded and used as part of your work portfolio.
This unit covers 4 areas:
• Communicating with Others to Establish Productive Work Practices – this module covers different levels and methods of communication in the workplace.
• Productive Working Practices and Environmental Impact – this module covers allocating and using resources efficiently and how to use method statements. It also discusses reducing the
environmental impact of your work.
• Completing and Maintaining Documentation – this module covers the use of job cards, material lists and timesheets and explains how and why these should be used during your work.
• Maintaining Good Working Relationships – this module covers ways to maintain good working relationships and why it is important that you do. In particular this relates to relationships with individuals, customers and operatives, operatives and line management, and people of your own trade and those of other trades on the site. It also briefly covers the principles of Equality and Diversity and what should be covered in the site induction process.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
• Understand the importance of communicating with others to establish productive work practices.
• Define productive working practices and environmental impact on the workplace.
• Identify the main documentation involved and understand how to complete and maintain them.
• Understand the importance of maintaining good working relationships.
As this unit can be used as part of several Level 2 NVQ courses it is aimed at anyone taking one of those courses.
Online training is flexible, efficient and cost-effective, so candidates can progress through the modules at their own pace, in their own time, making it easy to fit the training around their work and personal life. Completing the knowledge components of your NVQ unit online will mean you’ll spend less time in a classroom and can spend more time on site completing the practical elements of your NVQ studies.
The other Level 2 NVQ units we offer all work well alongside this course. There are also several other Health and Safety courses that will provide more detail on some of the specific hazards that might be encountered on construction sites. These include, Asbestos Awareness, COSHH and Abrasive Wheels.
Our course covers:
Module 1 – Communicating With Others
Module 2 – Working Productively and Environmental Impact
Module 3 – Completing and Maintaining Documentation
Module 4 – Maintaining Good Working Relationships
Module 5 – Final Exam
Duration: 35 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).