NVQ Unit – Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
Our course can be used as part of the Level 2 NVQ Mandatory Unit Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace. It provides the knowledge components of this unit and the final module will allow you to type in your answers which, once marked as completed by your assessor can then be downloaded and used as part of your work portfolio.
This unit covers 5 areas:
1. How to comply with all workplace health, safety and welfare legislation – which covers protective measures, health and safety control equipment, legislation and introduces the different kinds of safety signs that will be present on site. It also covers how workplaces can ensure compliance by implementing various control measures.
2. How to recognise hazards associated with the workplace that have not been previously controlled and report them in a way that meets organisational procedures – this module covers common causes of injuries in the workplace along with some of the health hazards found on site. It also looks at how changes in work conditions can affect the safety of the site and how such changes should be reported.
3. How to comply with organisational policies and procedures to contribute to health, safety and welfare – this module covers how emergency situations and other incidents should be dealt with according to policies and procedures. It also covers Fire Risks and hazards and how to choose appropriate extinguishers to tackle them. The module finishes off by discussing reporting and feedback and how this can affect future planning.
4. How to work responsibly to contribute to workplace health, safety and welfare – this module covers the main reasons why workers should perform their duties responsibly and in a way that protects the environment.
5. How to comply with, and support, all organisational security arrangements and approved procedures – this module covers personal security arrangements as well as measures that can be taken to ensure site security.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
• Identify all workplace health, safety and welfare legislation
• Recognise hazards associated with the workplace and what to do if there is non-compliance.
• Understand organisational policies and procedures that contribute to health, safety and welfare
• Define how to work responsibly so you can contribute to workplace health, safety and welfare
• Understand all organisational security arrangements and approved procedures
As this course can be used as part of several Level 2 NVQ courses it is aimed at anyone taking one of those courses.
Online training is flexible, efficient and cost-effective, so candidates can progress through the modules at their own pace, in their own time, making it easy to fit the training around their work and personal life. Completing the knowledge components of your NVQ unit online will mean you’ll spend less time in a classroom and can spend more time on site completing the practical elements of your NVQ studies.
The other Level 2 NVQ units we offer all work well alongside this course. There are also several other Health and Safety courses that will provide more detail on some of the specific hazards that might be encountered on construction sites. These include, Asbestos Awareness, COSHH and Abrasive Wheels.
Our course covers:
Module 1 – Complying with Legislation
Module 2 – Recognising Hazards in the Workplace
Module 3 – Complying with Policies and Procedures
Module 4 – Working Responsibly
Module 5 – Security Arrangements and Procedures
Module 6 – Final Exam
Duration: 55 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).