Learn about the control of substances hazardous to health regulations and how they apply to you
Designed to assess the safe ways of using COSHH materials in the workplace. Our course will enable delegates to understand the importance of using COSHH materials/substances correctly, how to avoid illness and injury, how to implement control measures, how to carry out a COSHH assessment and how to manage the risks effectively.
Who should attend:
Anyone who uses COSHH materials; all workers, to increase awareness of the safe use of chemicals whilst at work.
• Legislation applicable to hazardous substances
• Control of Hazardous Substances Regulations
• Employer and Employee duties
• Hazards associated with chemicals and substances
• Injury, ill health and health effects
• Routes of entry into the body
• COSHH Risk Assessments
• Control measures and safe storage
• Safety Signage and Symbols
• Personal Protective Equipment
Course Duration: 2-3 hours. Certification Provided.